18 Jul, 2016; General
In the recent edition of one of three most influential rankings in the academic world – the QS World University Ranking – ten programmes from the Warsaw University have been taken into account. Among them our philosophical studies achieved the highest result in the category “Employer Reputation” (77,6 pts)!
List of all UW programmes qualified.
8 Jul, 2016; General
(click on headline to expand)
- Detailed information concerning the admission procedure may be found in Admission section of this website.
Entry Exams Dates & Locations
- The Entry Exam will take place on Tuesday 12th July 2016.
- The exam will take place in the Institute of Philosophy, Krakowskie Przedmieście 3 st., Warsaw – room number TBA
- IMPORTANT: due to the Tour de Pologne race that is going to move through Warsaw on the day of the exams some traffic problems definitely will occur as the streets in the University area will be temporarily closed; please take it into account when planning your route to the University since there is no possibility to take the exam later than on the time designated in the schedule. Some technical details.
Schedule of the Entry Exams
- THE RESULTS (the document include 3 pages – each for one type of registration)
- Candidates qualified for the studies are obliged to deliver the REQUIRED DOCUMENTS to our office, room 309, 3rd floor, on designated days:
- Tuesday 19th July, from 10:00 to 13:00;
- Wednesday 20th July, from 10:00 to 13:00.
- Check the details concerning the documents HERE.
- Non-submitting the required documents by specified deadline is equal with resignation from undertaking studies.
6 Jul, 2016; General
Coordinator’s office hours cancelled on 14th July due to personal reasons.
29 Jun, 2016; General
Due to some rumours going on about passing seminar instead of monographic lecture I explain that:
- as it is put in the Programme of studies – it is a general rule that student can choose to pass seminar instead of mon. lec., which means that:
- no formal request letter for counting seminar as mon. lec. is required;
- there is no necessity to inform teacher about your mode of passing a given subject;
- in general the expected ratio of hours is 1:1 i.e. to pass e.g. 120h of mon. lec. student can pass 120h of seminar (in other words, the fact that seminars has more ECTS points doesn’t matter)
- however, in the courses offer for 2016/17 there is much more seminar hours than necesseary and less mon. lec. hours than necessary. Hence, in case of students who are on the third year of studies in 2016/17 what matters is ECTS points ratio that should be 1:1.
- it means that to meet monographic-lectures-requirement, which is 150h / 10 ECTS points of monographic lectures, it is enough to collect at least 10 points from seminars – regardless of number of hours
- in practice it means that to pass the monographic-lectures-requirement it is enough to pass 120h of seminar (which gives 12 ECTS points)
- of course student can also choose ‘mixed’ mode, for example: 60h / 4 points of monographic lectures plus 60h / 6 points of seminars. Shortly: no matter how, 10 points have to be collected.
Above rules concern monographic-lectures-requirement and has nothing to do with the seminars-requirement which on the third year is 120h / 12 ECTS points of seminars.
13 Jun, 2016; General
…due to Mrs. Szpilowska being on a leave.
5 Jun, 2016; General
Good luck! :)
5 Jun, 2016; General
Each of the subjects within “Logic II Module” (planned for 3rd & 4th semester) is provided every other year. In 2015/16 it was Logic C&D that was taught, while 2016/17 is going to be a year of Logical Semiotics. However, if you are reeeeeeaaaally certain that:
1. you want to attend Logic C&D and you do not want to take Logical Semiotics, and
2. you will be able to deal with Logic C&D during the (already quite busy) third year of your studies;
you can postpone passing the “Logic II Module” for the next year. However, think twice (or more) – that’s my only advice.
Students who decide to postopne should write an official request for permission to the coordinator of the studies – I will agree in every case.
5 Jun, 2016; General
I am truly and extremely happy that after a few months of efforts I can announce that University Senate finally accepted new name of the studies which is:
WARSAW INTERNATIONAL STUDIES IN PHILOSOPHY
Of course, in practice the transition will take some time so please be patient and watchful since for some time both names – PBCV and WISIP* – are going to be in use.
* the official acronym of the new name is “WISIP”, with two “i’s”. The form “WISP” with single “i” is unfortunately reserved for “Warsaw International Studies in PSYCHOLOGY” :)
28 Jan, 2016; General
Admission for the Erasmus Programme Scholarships is open until 1st March 2016. Please find the detailed information HERE.