In urgent issues please write an e-mail oraz visit Mrs. Szpilowska in her office on Thursday.
Please visit SCHEDULES to see the changes.
You are very welcome at the University of Warsaw!
On 1st of October a great adventure begins for you. This means not only exploring the fascinating world of humanities and science but also getting to know Poland, the Poles and the variety of our culture.
As we would like to help you facing this challenge, we have a pleasure to invite you to the workshops on cultural orientation which will take place on 28th – 29th of September from 9 am to 4 pm and on 6th -7thof October from 9 am to 4 pm on the University Main Campus.
Specialists from the International Organization for Migration will present information about Poland that you can’t google and teach you cross-cultural communication.
The programme of the meeting includes:
- practical information about living in Poland (costs of living, public services, transportation, banks, values and concepts specific to Poland);
- health care (overview of the medical system, insurance, what to do in emergency situation, patients’ rights);
- laws, rights and responsibilities (basic laws and rules which govern the country, visa and resident card information, public institutions and services, commonly broken laws);
- housing (finding accommodation, rights and responsibilities as a renter or tenant, interpreting a lease, costs of housing, safety measures in the house, registration);
- education (rules at the university, educational system for students);
- cultural adaptation, cross-cultural communication.
The workshop will be conducted in English and will be held on 28th – 29th of September from 9 am to 4 pm and on 6th -7th of October from 9 am to 4 pm on the University Main Campus (exact place will be given to the accepted participants).
Please note that there is no possibility of attending only a part or only one day of the workshop.
As we can accept only a limited number of participants, please register by filling this form in.
Registration will be open till 18th of September (for the workshop on 28th – 29th of September) and till 23rd of September (for the workshop on 6th of 7th of October).
The priority will be given to students admitted to long term studies.
In case of any questions please contact Ms Katarzyna Basisty firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participation is completely free of charge. Lunch and coffee will be provided.
We will be waiting for you!
International Section of the Office for Student Affairs
University of Warsaw
ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa
55-24-022, tel.: 55-20-424, 55-24-077,
+48 22 55 24 083
ADMISSION September 2016:
(click on headline to expand)
- Detailed information concerning the admission procedure may be found in Admission section of this website.
Entry Exams Dates & Locations
- The Entry Exam will take place on Wednesday 21st September 2016.
- The exam will take place in the Institute of Philosophy, Krakowskie Przedmieście 3 st., Warsaw – room number TBA
Schedule of the Entry Exams
- The results will be announced on 22nd September.
- Candidates qualified for the studies are obliged to deliver the REQUIRED DOCUMENTS to our office, room 309, 3rd floor, on designated days:
- 26th Sept. Monday, 9:00-11:00
- 27th Sept. Tuesday, 10:00-12:00
- Check the details concerning the documents HERE.
- Non-submitting the required documents by specified deadline is equal with resignation from undertaking studies.
In the recent edition of one of three most influential rankings in the academic world – the QS World University Ranking – ten programmes from the Warsaw University have been taken into account. Among them our philosophical studies achieved the highest result in the category “Employer Reputation” (77,6 pts)!