Homepage > Practical Information > Health and Insurance

Health and Insurance

You are required to have health insurance (E 111 or European Health Insurance Card EHIC) and accident insurance for the entire duration of your stay in Poland.

As a holder of the E 111 / European Health Insurance card you will receive free health care from health care providers who have signed the relevant contract with NFZ (National Health Fund). You can receive health care in the following areas: primary health care, specialist out–patient care, hospital treatment, dental treatment, emergency treatment and ambulance transport.

The documents are issued for a set period. Free health care is provided to the holder of those documents during that period only.

More information about the Polish health care system and information for foreigners can be found at: http://www.nfz.gov.pl/ue/?katnr=5&dzialnr=2&artnr=716&czartnr=2

Health services for students and academics are provided at the following health centre:
24 Krakowskie Przedmieście St.
General Reception: +48 22 5520365

Disabled students

All student who have problems studying due to their disabilities should seek assistance from the Office for the Disabled.

The Office for Disabled Persons

All information can be obtained by contacting:

Mr. Paweł Wdówik
Head of the Office for Disabled Persons
26/28 Krakowskie Przedmieście St.
00–927 Warsaw
e–mail: bon@mercury.ci.uw.edu.pl
tel. +48 22 522 02 77