Homepage > Practical Information > Residence Permit Regulations

Residence Permit Regulations

Students from the European Union

You do not need a visa to come to Poland. However, after beginning your studies, you will be required to legalise your stay in Poland by applying for a residence permit from the province in which you are living. The residence permit is valid for one year and can be extended every year until the completion of your studies. This permit also entitles you to work in Poland. You can download an information package from:

You will find more practical information about coming to Poland, legalising your stay, medical care and insurance, recognition of diplomas, driving licenses, addresses for diplomatic missions of EU and EEA countries in Poland at:

Students from outside the European Union

Once you are accepted as a student of our program, you will have to apply for a Polish student visa in your country of origin. You can download an application form for a Polish visa from:

Contact a Polish consulate or embassy for complete details of the application procedure. You will find a list of Polish diplomatic missions at:

IMPORTANT: you must apply for a residence permit in the province in which you are living at least 45 days before your visa expiry date.

Additional information on visas and residence permits is available at:

For all details concerning the legalisation of your stay in Poland (at University of Warsaw) please contact Ms. Barbara Kaczkiewicz at Office for Student Affairs:

26/28 Krakowskie Przedmieście St., 00–927 Warsaw (Casimir Palace, room 22), 
tel.: +48 22 5524022, e–mail: barbarak@adm.uw.edu.pl