Due to problems that occured in the first week of October, the registration for philosophical courses have been extended and will last to the end of the month.
These are the rounds of the Health & Safety ONLINE course:
The course is on the COME platform and ends with exam. This course and is treated as every other subject and you have to pass it during the first year of studies.
Further details are available here.
Polish students are asked to help the foreigners who don’t speak polish – since the platform probably won’t provide the english version of the course.
Following students can pick up their brand new IDs during the office hours:
- N. Lucek
- J. Pankowska
- M. McFarland
- I. Wysocka
- K. Borkowska
And as always because our secretariat do not possess a tool to extend IDs, you got to do this at Ms Płoszyńska’s office – room 16a (1st floor).
- UPDATE (11.10) From now all the problems with registration should be report to Mr. Piotr Wilkin who is USOS co-ordinator in our Institute. His e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UPDATE (8.10): The registration for philosophical subjects has been fixed and it should work properly now.
Click on the name of registrations below do dispel all doubts concerning them…
Registration for Physical Education, Foreign Language Courses and General Subjects (“OGUNs”)…
…is done via so called TOKEN REGISTRATION. On that site you will find “Main Registration Rules” – where you can learn how to register – as well as the schedule of registration rounds.
THIS REGISTRATION WORKS WITH NO PROBLEMS SO YOU SHOULD REGISTER FOR THE MENTIONED CLASSES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
- General Subjects (“OGUNs”) are courses taken at the Warsaw University but outside the Institute of Philosophy – you can take any course that is in the catalogue, except those offered by our institute. Check the PROGRAMME section of this site to find out what are the requirements concerning OGUNs.
- The French classes are dedicated to you, however you do not have to attend this particular classes – you can choose classes of any other modern language (except english of course).
YOU DO NOT USE THE TOKEN REGISTRATION TO SIGN UP FOR PHILOSOPHICAL CLASSES – YOU USE THIS REGISTRATION ONLY FOR PHYSICAL EDUCATION, FOREIGN LANGUAGES AND OGUNs.
Registration for Philosophical Subjects…
…is done via no-token registration in the USOS (university system for students affairs) – you should look through this site because during the studies you will use it for various purposes. To register for classes, after logging in, you should go to the STUDENT’S SECTION and then from the REGISTRATION menu on the left choose “Direct for groups”. There you have the catalogue of philosophical courses and you can register for them by clicking the green basket (just like shopping). You should try to register for classes but as I told you, there may be some technical problems and if you fail to register just don’t worry about that – I will inform you when the system will be fixed.
Remember: FOR PHILOSOPHICAL COURSES YOU MUST REGISTER VIA THIS NO-TOKEN REGISTRATION IN USOS. YOU MUSTN’T DO THAT THROUGH THE TOKEN REGISTRATION.
Besides, sometimes you will see that some courses appears two times in the catalogue. Then do not register for the group which ID is ended with “OG” phrase – it means that those are places for people from other faculties who are going to take philosophical courses as OGUNs.
- If you have already signed in for philosophical classes with “OG” you have to sing out.
- The registration for philosophical courses ends on 15th October – however if necessary it will be prolonged or other round of registration will be open later.
Login and password for both registrations are the same as in the IRK.
As you’ve heard during the inauguration prof. Paul Weingartner from the University of Salzburg is going to give a series of guest lectures in our Institute. Detailed info in poster.
For first-cycle first-year students: you are going to attend Weingartner’s lectures instead of Logic 1 lectures on 4th and 11th October.